Monday, January 2, 2012
Scope out the "Patch Facts" column for Jan. 2.
1. Holiday time: With New Year's Day falling on a Sunday this year, some businesses and agencies may be closed on Monday. 2. How did you ring in the New Year? Did you throw a big party at your house? Go to First Night in Boston? Tell us by posting a comment below. 3. Big plans for 2012? Let us know what your New Year's resolutions are this year by leaving a comment on this post. 4. Love cats? Why not adopt Charlie the cat from Lots of Love Cat Rescue? 5. Preview: Check out the latest Stoneham Fire log on Tuesday. For more activities, visit our events calendar.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Check out the "Patch Facts" column for Jan. 1.
1. Welcome to 2012: The New Year has finally arrived. Find out what places will be open and closed for the holiday. 2. Church services: Here are some of the worship services being offered in town: 3. New to Patch? Want to learn the various ways to maximize your time using Stoneham Patch? Check out these 13 things you can do on the website. 4. Wanted: Bloggers: Are you a member from a Stoneham-based organization and want to write about the interesting happenings going on with it? Are you a good cook who wants to share your recipes with our readers? We are looking for unpaid bloggers to contribute to our "Local Voices" section at least once a week. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your background information and what area …
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Check out the "Patch Facts" for Dec. 31.
1. Mobile updates: Want to download our free iPhone app? All you have to do is visit Apple's iTunes website to download it. 2. Up for some blogging? We're looking for some unpaid bloggers who either live or work in Stoneham to contribute blogs to our "Local Voices" section. We'd love to have folks passionate about writing on various localized topics such as cooking, fashion, fitness, high school sports and the outdoors. We'd prefer bloggers who can contribute one blog with photo(s) per week. If interested, email Stoneham Patch Editor Mark Ouellette at email@example.com and provide previous blog experience or writing samples and a resume (optional). 3. Holiday weekend: Wondering what places are open and closed during the New Year's …
Friday, December 30, 2011
This week's winner won a $25 gift certificate to Harrington's in Wakefield.
We asked for shopping tips and you delivered. Jeanne E. Craigie won this week's prize: a $25 gift certificate to Harrington's in Wakefield. Here are some of the great tips we got this week: 1) Old Navy is offering $10 off for every $20 you spend, according to Athena. Old Navy is also running several year-end web-only sales, too. 2) Dress Barn in Stoneham has 60 percent off all items, according to this week's contest winner Jeanne E. Craigie. 3) The Avon Beauty Center is having $2 and $3 sales along with 20-25 percent off sales. Also, when you spend $100 you receive $10 off your next purchase, this promo is ending on Dec. 31 but will restart from Jan. 1 to the end of March, according to Diana Ardagna Cavanaugh.
Most restaurants and bars open, MBTA operating on a Sunday schedule.
Welcome to 2012! Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) during New Year Day. Keep in mind that many places are observing the holiday on Monday, Jan. 2, meaning that while restaurants will be open, government offices will be closed and the T will continue to run on a Sunday schedule.
The festive lights display at Stone Zoo in Stoneham will be wrapping up this weekend, ending Sunday, January 1.
This weekend will be your last chance to experience the Stone Zoo's winter wonderland attraction. ZooLights will be wrapping up Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012. Aside from thousands of sparkling lights and holiday displays, upon entering the Zoo, guests will visit Yukon Creek, which not only features dazzling holiday lights but is also home to bald eagles, a North American porcupine, a gray fox and reindeer.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Check out the latest "Photo of the Day" by Stoneham Patch photographer Sarah Nelson.
Check out the latest "Photo of the Day" by Sarah Nelson of Santa visiting homes in Stoneham. Got a great photo captured in Stoneham? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for future Photo of the Day consideration.
Check out the "Patch Facts" column for Dec. 26.
1. Want to blog? We're looking for some unpaid bloggers who either live or work in Stoneham to contribute blogs to our "Local Voices" section. We'd love to have folks passionate about writing on various localized topics such as cooking, fashion, fitness, high school sports and the outdoors. If interested, email email@example.com. 2. What's happening today? Find out what places are open and closed the day after Christmas. 3. Last chance: Monday is the final day to enter your decorated house in the "Deck the Home" contest. If your home is selected as the best decorated in the nation, the Stoneham school district will receive $100,000 from Patch. 4. Need gas? Scope out current gas prices and traffic updates for the Stoneham area in …
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Check out the "Patch Facts" column for Dec. 25.
1. Holiday time! Christmas has arrived on a Sunday, which means Monday will serve as the holiday. Find out what places are open and closed on Monday. 2. Love to blog? We're looking for some unpaid bloggers who either live or work in Stoneham to contribute blogs to our "Local Voices" section. We'd love to have folks passionate about writing on various localized topics such as cooking, fashion, fitness, high school sports and the outdoors. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 3. Christmas church services: Check out our listing of churches and their respective holiday services. 4. Last day to vote: Let us know what your favorite holiday tune is by taking our poll. We'll post the results of our poll on Monday. 5. In case you missed …
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Upload your photos to this post to help us create a festive photo gallery of your cats, dogs and other pets.
Thinking about getting Lassie or Garfield decked out in a holiday outfit? Upload your photos to this post so we can create a fun and festive photo gallery of Stoneham's pets. We look forward to seeing your images! Happy holidays!