Monday, December 17, 2012
Check out the Five Things column for Monday, Dec. 17.
Here are five things to know for Monday, Dec. 17: 1. Wet weather: Rain is expected throughut the day Monday in Stoneham, according to the National Weather Service's forecast for the town. Temperatures may reach a high of about 45, according to the forecast. 2. Donate life: The American Red Cross will be holding a blood drive from 2-7 p.m. Monday at the VFW Post 1506, Lt. Norman Prince Post, 428 Main St., Melrose. 3. Tis the season: Visit our holiday guide for various holiday coverage. 4. Strike! The Stoneham Senior Center will have a free Wii Bowling program at 8:30 a.m. Monday. 5. In case you missed it: Check out the latest OMG PD article, which featured a story about a Woburn man accused of peeing on a truck and how he was later …
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Will you donate to the cause on Thursday?
In December, all presenting donors will receive a coupon for a free appetizer or dessert from Chili’s Grill & Bar. Prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. To make an appointment to donate blood, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit the Red Cross website. Thursday's blood drive will take place at Winchester Hospital, 41 Highland Ave., Winchester, from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. There is also a blood drive in Woburn at the Moose Lodge, 4 Federal St., on Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Friday, November 25, 2011
A blood drive sponsored by the American Red Cross runs from 1-6 p.m. at the First Parish Congregational Church in Wakefield.
[Editor's note: The information below was provided by the American Red Cross.] The First Parish Congregational Church in Wakefield will host a blood drive from 1-6 p.m. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed everyday to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need. In November, all presenting donors are eligible to enter to win a $50 Visa gift card that can be used towards your Thanksgiving turkey dinner. There will be one winner selected each day of the month; prizes are non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash. To make an appointment to donate blood, please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or log onto redcrossblood.org.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Take a look at our suggestions on how to spend the day in the Stoneham area.
1. Save a life: Donate blood at the American Red Cross blood drive ging on today from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at 401 Edgewater Place, Wakefield. Donors will receive a $10 Eastern Mountain Sports Bucks Card. Presenting donors in October can also enter to win a seven-day Bermuda cruise for two aboard Norwegian Cruise Lines, courtesy of Colpitts World Travel and Norwegian Cruise Line. 2. It's magic: Jason the magician is scheduled to do a kids magic show from 5-8 p.m. at the Dockside Restaurant, 1099 Main St., Wakefield. 3. In case you missed it: Check out the latest blog by Rachel Gargano on healthy ways to eat at Stoneham-based restaurant Three Amigos. 4. Social media: Looking to keep up to speed on things happening in the Stoneham community beyond …
Sunday, September 25, 2011
A look at the events scheduled for this week in the Stoneham area.
Here are a few events happening in Stoneham this week:
Friday, June 17, 2011
Check out the latest "Patch Facts" column.
1. Donate life: An American Red Cross blood drive is slated for 1:30-7 p.m. at St. Joseph's Parish, 173 Albion St., Wakefield. Donors will receive a coupon for a free 24-pack of Pure Spring Water and a 20 percent off coupon to Walgreens. 2. Blogging anyone? We're looking for some unpaid bloggers who either live or work in Stoneham to contribute blogs to our new "Local Voices" section which launched today. We'd love to have folks passionate about writing on various localized topics such as cooking, fashion, fitness, high school sports and the outdoors. We'd prefer bloggers who can contribute one blog with photo(s) per week. If interested, email Stoneham Patch Editor Mark Ouellette at email@example.com and provide previous blog …
Friday, May 27, 2011
Scope out the latest "Patch Facts" column.
1. Make a difference: The American Red Cross is scheduled to have a blood drive from 1-7 p.m. at Most Blessed Sacrament Parish, 1155 Main St., Wakefield, in the Parish Hall. Double red cell donations will be available and donors will receive a free Burger King Whopper Value Meal coupon.ce: 2. Game for some blogging? We're looking for some unpaid bloggers who either live or work in Stoneham to contribute blogs to our new "Local Voices" section which launched today. We'd love to have folks passionate about writing on various localized topics such as cooking, fashion, fitness, high school sports and the outdoors. We'd prefer bloggers who can contribute one blog with photo(s) per week. If interested, email Stoneham Patch Editor Mark Ouellette …
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Check out what's happening in the Stoneham region in our latest "Patch Facts" column.
1. Comics for everyone! Reading-based Comically Speaking, 575 Main St., is participating in Free Comic Book Day so make sure to check up on the rules of the deal and swing by the store to pick up yours. For more information, call 781-246-1797. 2. Help the cause: The American Red Cross is scheduled to host a blood drive from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at Lynnfield Middle School, 505 Main St., Lynnfield. Donors will receive a free Whopper Value Meal coupon and Double Red Cell donations will be available. 3. Let's see a show: "42nd Street" is expected to be performed twice at 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., respectively, at the Stoneham Theatre, 395 Main St., Stoneham. The play is about Peggy Sawyer, a small town chorus girl who gets the opportunity to show what …
Monday, April 25, 2011
Check out some of the activities going on in the Stoneham area in our latest "Patch Facts" column.
1. Meeting of the minds: The Stoneham School Building Committee and Stoneham School Committee are scheduled for a joint session at 6:30 p.m. at Stoneham High School, 149 Franklin St., in the library. Check out the agenda for the session. 2. Donations needed: The American Red Cross is expected to have a blood drive from 1-7 p.m. at the VFW Hall, 428 Main St., Melrose. Donors will receive a coupon for a free signature burrito from Qdoba and Double Red Cell donations will also be available. 3. Get classified: Need to hire someone to fill a vacancy or sell unneeded stuff kicking around in the garage? Post a free classified ad on Stoneham Patch! 4. Game on! The Stoneham High School boys' and girls' tennis teams travel to Reading for matches …
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Check out some of the government sessions and activities scheduled in the Stoneham area this week.
Here are a few events happening in the Stoneham area this week: For more events in Stoneham, check out our events calendar. The following are public meetings scheduled in Stoneham this week (click on the links to download available meeting agendas):