Here are a few events happening in Stoneham this week:
- On Tuesday at 235 W. Foster St. in Melrose, take the kids to Delighting audiences with his funny blend of funky folk, rock tunes and stories, Scott Kepnes has been entertaining for children and family audiences throughout New England and beyond for over 20 years. With an abundance of audience participation, upbeat energy and ability to connect with the audience, Scott is a crowd pleaser for all ages.
- Also on Tuesday, in the Town Common from 2-6 p.m., don't miss the . This is a wonderful opportunity to buy just picked fruits, vegetables, home-made pies, fresh baked bread, cheeses, teas, herbs and more.
- On Wednesday at the in Wakefield at 6:45pm, try your hand (or your feet) at the . Arrive early to get registered and have your $2 entry fee ready. The Fun Run is timed and the results get posted on coolrunning.com.
- On Thursday at the , from 10:30–11:15 a.m. take your toddler to A fun program for children able to enjoy a few good stories and simple crafts in the activity room without an adult. For kids aged 3 1/2+.
- On Friday at 7 p.m. at in Wakefield, take the family to The Wakefield Summer Band, now in its 10th season of giving free summer concerts for the community, is open to anyone without audition, and presents 4 concerts each summer. The membership of the band is multi-generational, with members ranging in age from high school to 70s, and is primarily aimed at high-schoolers or college students who want to keep playing over the summer and post-college musicians who otherwise wouldn't get to play in any kind of a group like this.