While Congressman Stephen Lynch (D-South Boston) isn’t expected to make a formal announcement until later this afternoon, a new Stephen Lynch for Senate Facebook page popped up Thursday morning with a link to a “Stephen Lynch for US Senate Announcement” YouTube video that announces Lynch’s Senate candidacy.
Earlier in the morning, the Stephen Lynch for Congress Facebook page had posted a message directing people to the newly created Senate page for news “on today’s plans and schedule.”
Lynch is expected to make an announcement at 4 p.m. this afternoon at the Ironworkers Local 7 Hall in South Boston.
Lynch would be the second Democrat running for the unexpired term left vacant by John Kerry’s confirmation to Secretary of State earlier this week. Congressman Edward Markey (D-Malden), whose district includes Stoneham, announced his intentions to run back in late December.
PREVIOUSLY ON STONEHAM PATCH:
- Gov. Patrick Names William 'Mo' Cowan Interim Senator
- John Kerry’s Confirmation Hearing Scheduled for Jan. 24
- Brown Questions Markey's Malden Residency
- Who Do You Think Should Run for Kerry’s Seat?
- U.S. Rep. Markey to Run For Kerry's Senate Seat
- VIDEO: Markey Will 'Seriously Consider' Run for Senate
- TELL US: What Should Scott Brown Do Next?