[Editor's note: The following Letter to the Editor was submitted by Stoneham resident Tom Boussy.]
It is with great pride and a commitment to public service that I announce my candidacy for the office of Selectman in the Town of Stoneham.
My name is Tom Boussy. I have been married to my wife Julie, a registered nurse, for 20 years and we have two beautiful children; Sarah and Hannah. My wife and I have been very involved in our community from sponsoring and coaching youth sports teams, to supporting Girl Scouts and our school system at fundraisers and activities.
For the past 12 years, I have owned and operated my own business, THB Company, Inc., which has provided HVAC testing and balancing, and energy conservation services to large universities, healthcare institutions and many other types of industries.
I am running for Selectman because we need new leadership in our town’s government. We need to change the "business as usual" approach at . I strongly believe that Stoneham has to take the following steps so that we can move in a positive direction:
- We need to take a “smart growth” approach toward attracting businesses that respect Stoneham’s character while revitalizing our downtown.
- We need fiscal responsibility in Stoneham so that budget decisions one year don’t lead to trash or athletic fees in the next.
- We need to develop a long-term plan to maintain our town’s roads, schools and public safety.
- We need to keep in mind those on fixed incomes in our community, particularly our senior citizens, when making decisions.
- We need to get the people of Stoneham more involved in our local government.
I have been in the neighborhoods and meeting the residents of Stoneham. I am confident that we can work together toward making Stoneham a better place to live. I respectfully ask for your vote on April 3.
For more information, or if you would like to get involved in our campaign, please email me at email@example.com or visit our website. Also, if you would like to have a conversation, feel free to contact me directly at 781-835-5205.