1. I got Bingo! Adult Bingo kicks off at 6:30 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham, 15 Dale Court, Stoneham. For details on prizes and admission card prices, check out the Friends of the Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham's Bingo page.
2. Holiday fun: A Christmas celebration at Whip Hill is slated for 2-5 p.m.
3. A time for worship: Here are some of the worship services being offered in town:
- Mass is celebrated at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon at , 9 Pomeworth St.
- Worship services at 10 a.m. at , 79 Central St.
- Worship services at 10 a.m. at , 1 Church St.
- Worship services at 11 a.m. at , 457 Main St.
- Worship services at 11 a.m. at , 29 Maple St.
4. Get socialized: If you're looking for additional updates beyond what appears on the Stoneham Patch website, make sure to click the grey "like" button on our Facebook page and also the "follow" button on our Twitter page.
5. A fan of widgets? You're probably wondering just what is a widget and why do I need one. Well, here'a a thorough breakdown of why they're useful:
What is a widget?
A widget is a self-contained piece of HTML code that you can embed into your site to add a cool new feature. All you have to do is paste the code into your website. Patch's first widget offering is a News feed, but there are all sorts of widgets out there, including clock widgets, countdown widgets, and lots of other fun features.
Why would I want to use a widget?
Depending on what it does, a widget can add awesome functionality or content to your site, with you barely lifting a finger to get it. For example, our first Patch widget is a cool local news feed. So if you have a local business, government or school website, or maybe a local blog, the Patch News Widget can be an easy source of awesome local content for your site!
Where do I put a widget?
You can put a widget on your personal website or blog, if you have one.
How do I install the widget?
Follow the instructions to copy the widget code, and paste it directly into the HTML for your website. Pretty soon we'll offer a quick and easy way to install it onto various types of websites and blogs, but for now, try the old school copy and paste!
Can I use the widget if I don't have my own website?
No, you'll need your own website or blog to use the widget. We hope to offer other ways for you to use widgets in the future, but for now, you'll need your own website.
How can I get my own website?
That's a huge can of worms you want us to open! For now, Patch doesn't offer that service.
Will Patch be creating more cool widgets that I can put on my website?
Definitely! Stay tuned!
How can I change the color of the widget?
Right now, we don't have a way for you to change the color of the widget. But we hope to add a widget color changing feature soon!
I have no idea what you're talking about. Is any of this relevant to me?
Probably not. :)
For more activities, check out our events calendar.