I am not a fan of winter. After I put my Christmas decorations away, I’m immediately ready for spring.
February is dark. I feel trapped when it snows and I don’t like my feet to be cold. However, being generally an upbeat person by nature I manage to find some good in February.
Okay, fine. I admit this list is a stretch, but it’s part of my master plan of “acceptance,” so humor me:
Why I Love February
1. If you forget your groceries in the trunk of your car overnight, they will stay cold. (I only did this twice.)
2. Nowhere is there the sound of a leaf blower.
3. Coats and scarves can sort of cover up the extra pounds you gained in December.
4. You can go to bed at 9 p.m. and almost no one will consider you a loser.
5. The sun is far away, but chocolate is widely available.
Keep calm and carry on my friends. Spring is just around the corner.