1. Take a hike: From 9:15-11:30 a.m. Monday, Boot Boutwell will be leading a walk through the Middlesex Fells Reservation near Bellevue Pond to . The group will meet in the Bellevue Pond parking lot, located at 68 South Border Road in Medford. Steady rain will cancel the event. For more information, call Boot Boutwell at 781-729-4712.
2. Winged warriors: Visit the Masters of Flight: Birds of Prey program at Wednesday to see several types of birds, including the bald eagle, bateleur eagle, Egyptian vulture, military macaw, spectacled owl and white-necked raven, according to the Zoo New England website. The event is free when you purchase a regular zoo ticket. Showtimes are at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
3. Newsletters : Stoneham Patch offers newsletters to our readers, including daily, weekly and breaking news ones.
4. Town session: The Stoneham Finance & Advisory Board is slated to meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday in the Hearing Room, according to agenda posted on the town website.
5. Water meters: Effective Oct. 1, the town of Stoneham will no longer offer second outside water meters, according to the town website.
For more activities, visit our events calendar.