Here are five things to know for Monday, Oct. 8:
1. Holiday is here: Monday is Columbus Day 2012. Find out what is open and closed in Stoneham for the holiday.
2. Sunny skies: Monday is expected to be mostly sunny, with highs in the upper 50s during the day and lows in the lower 40s at night, according to the forecast for Stoneham on the National Weather Service website.
3. New recipe: Looking for something new to cook up? Give Sheila Duggan Chabot's recipe for French onion soup a try.
4. Traffic alerts: Want traffic updates or gas prices in the Stoneham region? Take a gander at our Commute section.
5. Advertise with Patch: Interested in advertising on Stoneham Patch? Contact Ad Manager Jeff Pappert at Jeff.Pappert@patch.com.
For more activities, check out our events calendar.