Here are five things to know for Tuesday, Dec. 11 in Stoneham:
1. Sex abuse arraignment: A Wakefield man is slated for arraignment Wednesday on nearly 100 sex abuse charges in a Woburn court. John Burbine, 49, faces charges stemming from the alleged abuse of Stoneham area children receiving day care or tutoring services from his wife's business - which was not completely registered in Wakefield.
2. Accident updates: Check out our follow-up reports on two accidents—a car crash into a pole and a hit-and-run incident at a funeral home—that occurred Monday morning in Stoneham.
3. Donate toys: The Toys For Local Children drive is underway for those who would like to donate a new, unwrapped toy. They will be accepting toy donations until Dec. 20, and all donations will go directly to children in Stoneham. Collection boxes have been placed at Stoneham Fire Station, Stoneham Town Hall, Stoneham Bank on Montvale Ave, Stoneham Savings Bank on Main st, and Arielle's Cafe & Pizzeria. The collection boxes will be picked up Dec. 20, and toys will be accepted at the Fire Station until Dec. 24.
4. Got wonderful Stoneham photos? Upload them to our Pics & Clips section to share with our readers.
5. Get decorating: Don't forget to enter Patch's "Deck the House" holiday contest!
Use Stoneham Patch to connect with your neighbors:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Follow Stoneham Patch on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter with the latest headlines delivered to your inbox every morning.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog—click 'Post on Patch' and start blogging.