1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, there is a chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 38. Light northwest wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light northwest after midnight.
- Thursday Increasing clouds, with a high near 23. Northwest wind around 7 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 21. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 20. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "What about a nice opportunity to showcase Stoneham? Guess we know what town Rick and his company favor." Reader AnnMarie, commenting on the story, "Stoneham Home to be Featured on House Hunters."
3. Quote of the Day: "The thing I became most aware of on the campaign trail is that there is a large group of citizens in Massachusetts who are not being represented by the Democratic machine, which elects favorite sons time after time. Nor are they represented by the Republican party which is tied to a national platform a social tolerance policy from 1950."
4. It's Happening Today: Looking to stretch your legs tonight? Take part in the weekly Lake Quannapowitt 5K Fun Run in Wakefield. The entry fee is just $2.
5. And Another Thing: Do Not go Shopping!!!! Well, at least not until you check out the Stoneham Patch Grocery Specials Page. We've got amazing special and printable coupons from stores like Hannaford, Stop and Shop, Walgreen's and many more. Click here to start saving today!