1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today snow is likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -5. West wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -8. West wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 0. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "LOTS of progress have been made to mitigate the damage done by drunken drivers. This has been achieved through public awareness resulting from anti drunk- driving campaigns, law enforcement, etc. Gone is the time when one would think it's "cute" to brag about being so drunk after a party and still making home in one piece. THAT outrage about your statistics is certainly STILL there, even stronger. If you don't know this, you must be living under a rock, or more likely you are one of these red-necks who love their guns more than their community, and are trying desperately to hang on them." Reader "Quasimodo," commenting on the story, "Agree With Patrick's Proposed Gun Restrictions and Boost to Mental Health Services?"
3. It's Happening Today: The Stoneham High girls varsity basketball team is in action tonight, taking on Reading High at home. Tap-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. Go Spartans!!
4. Bad Judgment On So Many Levels: (Allegedly) Drunk driving is bad enough, but (allegedly) driving drunk and trying to pick your child up from school? Yikes. Click here for the details of this disturbing case.
5. And Another Thing: Things are going to get cold ... I mean REALLY cold ... real soon. Here are some tips for keeping your family and your pets safe during the frigid weather.