Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little bit less like Monday and to help make you the smartest person in your office.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, there is snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Night Snow and sleet before 2am, then freezing rain. Low around 26. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tuesday A chance of rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2pm, then a slight chance of rain after 3pm. Patchy fog between 9am and 2pm, then Patchy fog after 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 9pm. Patchy fog before 7pm, then Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 35. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Showers likely, mainly between 1am and 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Oh Yeah Amber me too. The penny candies was awesome too. A 3 Musketeer was like a half pound to us. Every Kid starting at the 3d grade carried a pocket knife no biggie. Boy scout knives to carve wood and make sling shots. Yup bag of Malted Milk Balls,a new jack knife,a bottle of Yahoo and your good to go. Yup at 9 years old all us kids would get the Broadway Bus to Everett Station..To Charlestown Boys Club. We were all just 9 yrs old. Oh the bus ride was only 5 cents with a transferr for the train. But in a way I can see what Brenda is feeling. Its a Jungle out there. Or maybe its allways been and we didnt know it. With the Tele and the Computer and hearing all the harm done to kids Im glad mine are all grown up." Reader David Mokal, commenting on the article, "Please Don't Help My Kids."
3. It's Happening Today: Have you heard about Zumba but have never had the nerve to try it yet. Click here to find out how you can participate in a free Zumba Class today at 7 p.m.!!
4. It's Also Happening Today: Senior Citizens can participate in Wii Bowling this morning at 8:30 a.m. at the Stoneham Senior Center, 136 Elm St.
5. In Case You Missed It Over The Weekend: A car blew up in the parking lot of BJ's Wholesale Club!! Click here for details.