Here are 5 pieces of information designed to keep your spirits up as the snow falls today and to help make you the smartest person in your neighborhood.
1. Your Local 3-Day Weather Forecast:
- I'll admit, this is a little redundant with out blizzard coverage, but according to the NWS, today you will see snow, mainly after 8am. Patchy fog before 4pm. Patchy freezing fog after 4pm. High near 33. East wind 8 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy freezing fog before 2am. Low around 20. Windy, with a north wind 24 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 2pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 22. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a north wind 23 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
2. And Speaking of the Blizzard: You're going to want to check back often at the Stoneham Patch Storm Center for all of the up-to-the-minute information on the big storm.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "Tolerance? The only thing I won't tolerate is others intolerance, and theists are the king of that. I mean to be offensive, just as the theists offend me on a daily basis with statements like those posted above. The Declaration of Independence only mentions "Nature's God", which does not necessarily entail the christian god, or for that matter any sort of deity; in the same way that when a power line is struck by lightning, it is deemed an "act of god". We don't actually think that some mythical creature in the sky decided it was time to take down that power line. "Nature's God" is simply referring to the natural order of things." Reader Leeroy, commenting on the Blog Post, "Let's Work together for the Common Good of Massachusetts."
4. Quote of the Day: "Strong north-northeast winds are anticipated with gusts up to around 60 miles per hour, resulting in blowing and drifting of snow. Damage to trees and structures along with scattered power outages are anticipated." A section of the Blizzard Warning issued on Thursday by the National Weather Service.
5. By The Numbers: $410,000. That was the selling price for a home on Rustic Road recently. Click here to find out which one.