Today is Thursday, Sept. 6. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Partly sunny today with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Tonight, patchy fog after 2 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 8 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2. . Plaza Jazz, part of the 2012 Berklee Summer in the City concert series presented by Natixis Global Asset Management, continues with a free concert by Javier Garcia tonight at 5:30 p.m. at the Lucius Beebe Memorial Library.
3. . A weekly informal French conversation group meets at the library each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. for those looking to practice and improve their French.
4. Event Planning Committee meets. On the agenda for tonight's 6:30 p.m. meeting—Holiday Stroll entertainment and Holiday Stroll parade.
5. . Meets Thursdays at 11:45 a.m. Relax, improve your balance and reduce your stress. Learn the benefits of this ancient Chinese exercise. $20 per 10 classes with instructor Bill Barron.
Things you can do every day: