Another snowstorm is headed this way and will bring high winds and frigid temperatures with it.
Snow should begin this afternoon and will intensify overnight.
The National Weather Service is predicting 8-10 inches along the I-95 corridor and eastward and 4 to 8 inches west of I-95. Cape Cod and the Islands are expected to get hardest hit by the storm with blizzard conditions and 10 to 14 inches of snow expected.
A potential problem with this storm is wind gusts. Late Tuesday night and Wednesday morning should see wind gusts close to 40 mph, which could lead to power outages.
The temperatures will also wreak havoc. Highs are not expected to get out of the teens this week.
Here’s what weather forecasters are predicting for us:
· National Weather Service: 6 to 8 inches
· Channel 4: 6 to 10 inches
· Channel 7: 5 to 8 inches
· Channel 25: 5 to 8 inches
Parking Emergency: No parking on public or private roadways until further notice.
Delays, cancellations and closings: Stoneham Public Schools are on a two hour delay.
- Schools: St. Patrick's Religious Ed. closed Tuesday Evening.
- State offices: Closed at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- Logan Airport: A ton of flights are canceled.
- Library: Open.
- The Stoneham Senior Center: Open.
- The Stoneham Boys and Girls Club: Open.
-The Stone Zoo: The Stone Zoo is closed Tuesday evening, will reopen Wednesday evening.
- Stoneham Library: Open.
- Town Hall Offices: Open. Selectmen Meeting for Tuesday, Jan. 21 canceled.
- Emergency: 911
- DPW Snow and Ice Department: 781-438-0760
Here is the DPW’s Snow and Ice Department’s website incase you need any information. The Town's Snow Plowing Info page is here for any questions also.
- NSTAR Electric & Gas: 800-592-2000
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- Message from Fire Chief Rolli: Help Shovel Fire Hydrants.
Get email updates about the storm and more to http://Stoneham.patch.com/email.