Five things to know today, Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013:
1. Sunny days. Mostly sunny today with a high near 37, according to the National Weath Service. West wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Tonight, partly cloudy with a low around 21. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
2. Stump! Trivia at Grimsby's. Stump! Trivia is a team trivia contest played in bars and restaurants all over the country. Get your team together and head over to J.J. Grimsby's from 8-10 p.m. tonight to test your skill at an assortment of trivia questions, from music to literature, movies to history.
3. Walking Club this morning. The Walking Club departs from the Stoneham Senior Center at 8:30 a.m. each Wednesday (except holidays), picks up additional walkers at Finnegan Hall, and continues on for a refreshing walk around the area. This is a great way to get some exercise, meet some nice people and get outdoors. Call (781) 438-1157 for information.
4. Weekly Lake "Q" Fun Run. The Mystic Runners Club takes a run around Lake Quannapowitt every Wednesday night at 6:45 p.m., although the starting time changes in the winter months. Arrive early to get registered—cost is $2. The Fun Run is timed and the results get post on coolrunning.com. Theun starts at Lord Wakefield Hotel, 595 North Ave. in Wakefield.
5. Find out what's happening NOW. Sign up for our daily morning newsletter and breaking news email alerts.