Five things to know today, Tuesday, Feb. 12 2013:
1. Oh the wind is lashing lustily. Mostly sunny today in Stoneham, with a high near 46. Breezy, with a west wind 11 to 20 mph. Tonight, mostly clear with a low around 27. West wind 7 to 13 mph. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2. Whose picture is that at the top of Stoneham Patch? That's our new Community Editor Danielle Masterson! Do you have an event coming up you want our calendar? An opinion you'd like to express? A call for volunteers? A student on the honor roll? Danielle's here to help you post all this and more on Stoneham Patch. If you have something you'd like posted on the site, shoot her an email at email@example.com and she can help you use Stoneham Patch as it was always intended—not just a place for our news, but for your news.
3. Story time for little ones at the library. Stop in at the Stoneham Public Library today at 10:30 a.m. for StoryTime. This event is for children ages 0-plus mixed ages, and it is perfect for families. Songs, stories and simple crafts for children to enjoy with an adult in the activity room. For more information, contact the Stoneham Junior Room at 781-438-1325.
4. Community Dinner tonight. The Community Dinner Program is an interfaith program providing hot, nutritious meals in a welcoming environment to members of the larger community. Initiated in 1995 by First Congregational Church, the program is supported by a wide range of churches, businesses, and service clubs in Stoneham. Each Tuesday at 5:45 meals are served to 50-70 guests of all ages by teams from First Congregational Church (Hungry Helpers), St. Patrick's Parish, First Baptist Church, St. James Methodist Church, and an interfaith team partnering with StonehamBank. Community Dinners also receives generous support from the Rotary Club and others, including Hallmark Health nurses and Excelsior Realty staff, who are actively involved.
If you would like to help by joining one of the five teams or by making a donation, please contact Becky Jacques, coordinator of the community steering committee, at 781-438-5596, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Yoga for seniors. The Stoneham Senior Center offers yoga tonight at 6:30 p.m. This mixed levels class is $50. Bring a yoga mat if you want to participate.