Five things to know today, Monday, Feb. 11, 2013:
1. Rain today. Rain, mainly before 5 p.m. Patchy fog after 1 p.m. High near 43. South wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. Tonight, a chance of rain before 7 p.m., then a slight chance of showers between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Patchy fog before 10 p.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. (Forecast by the National Weather Service.)
2. Schools closed today. Stoneham Public Schools will be closed on Monday as the town continues to clean up from the Blizzard of '13.
3. But Boys & Girls Club open. Gerry DeViller, executive director of the Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham, writes, "We have made the decision to open the Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham on Monday, Feb. 10 from 12-6 p.m. for a full programming schedule. We typically are closed when schools close, and we only run limited programs on Monday. We decided to open to offer kids a place to go."
4. Speaking of snow days ... Here are five great sledding spots in and near Stoneham. Know of one we're missing? Click through and add it to the comments!
5. Stoneham scenes from Blizzard of '13. Check out all the photos uploaded by Stonehamites to our photo gallery. Check out more in our Pics & Clips gallery, too.