Five things to know today, Friday, Feb. 15, 2013:
1. Snow Saturday? Maybe. Today will be partly sun with a high near 49 and wind gusts as high as 24 mph, and tonight mostly cloudy with a low around 28. The forecast originally called for a chance of snow turning to rain on Saturday, but the NWS warns that it could end up being another 2 to 4 inches of snow in the Boston area.
2. The Fab Four Fight for Erica Walk. Four local girls including Mary Hueston of Stoneham have organized a to raise awareness and funds for Erica, a 10-year-old girl who suffers from mastocytosis and needs to see a specialist in California. It's a 5K walk with a $5 donation per walker—if you are unable to join them for the walk you can still support them with a donation. For additional information about the walk contact Ann Hueston at email@example.com.
3. Beer tasting. Redstone Liquors holds weekly beer tastings every Friday from 4-7 p.m. On the menu today: Woodchuck Cider.
4. Board and card games the Senior Center. Join in every Friday at 1 p.m.
5. Seniors Helping Seniors. SHS strive to be the extended family support system that cares for those seniors needing any non-medical help. Learn more about Seniors Helping Seniors in their blog post.