Let's talk easy dinners. Mini Tex-Mex bites are a recipe that is the epitome of quick, healthy, and tasty.
Black beans and corn are complementary proteins, meaning that when combined, they have all the amino acids your body needs to build protein. So, this meal is an excellent vegetarian option (and vegan if you cut out the cheese).
But when it comes down to it, these little Tex-Mex cups are simply delicious.
They would make a great party appetizer, side dish or even main part of your meal. In fact, since these savory bites are packed with protein and veggies in a cute little cup, my family eats it with cubed avocado, a drizzle of salsa and pretty much nothing else. Because it's that good.
Give it a whirl and let me know what your taste buds think.
Savory Tex-Mex Bites
- 24 wonton wrappers (I used Nasoya wonton wrappers)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces corn, fresh or frozen (Simply thaw, if frozen)
- 2 tomatoes, diced and deseeded
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, diced (optional)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Avocado, diced (For topping - optional)
- 1/2 cup salsa (Topping - optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Gently press the wonton wrappers into each cup of a mini-muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the avocado and salsa.
4. Spoon a bit of the mixture into each wonton cup.
5. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the tips of the wonton cups are golden brown.