Are you feeling like you are trapped on a big high-speed treadmill, not feeling any joy anymore because you have so much to do and so little time?
The good news is that it doesn't take a major time investment to make a positive difference in your day.
Get Down to It
To get to the heart of the matter we need only remember that we're all a combination of mind, body, emotions and spirit. When any of these areas aren't being nurtured, or if any become overused, the other areas suffer so we can expect to feel out of balance and experience uncomfortable symptoms.
So why not decide today to do something about it this spring?
Quick Self Diagnostic Tool:
- Ask yourself: What am I doing or could I be doing to feel greater satisfaction? Reflect on your responses to each one of these areas individually while looking for clues.
- What gives me more positive energy (now or in the past)?
- What areas am I neglecting/ignoring that create or contribute to my stress level?
I invite you to create your own personal re-balancing plan. Be specific on which activities, tasks or items can be prioritized for the next three months.
These simple questions for self assessment can give you valuable clues and non-pharmaceutical remedies to make a positive difference. This way you know they are custom made for you. It requires just a few simple steps to get back on track.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Which area can you focus on now? (Intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually). For example, you could: Add some mental stimulation by learning something new which interests you and gives you pleasure.
- Take 10-minute breaks each day. Move, walk, exercise, get a massage, notice what you're eating or make time for a daily relaxation break.
- Start a gratitude log and begin to notice what blessings are actually in your life that you may be taking for granted.
- Express your feelings to people in your life by keeping a journal, sending cards or text messages to tell people you love that you care.
This is just a starting point to get you thinking. Why not take a little break today and create your own customized Rx. Give it a try and see what happens. Choose to take back your life and enjoy your day!