1. Time for court: The manslaughter trial of Mark Kerrigan, who allegedly caused his father's death more than a year ago in Stoneham, starts at 9 a.m. in Woburn Superior Court. Mark Kerrigan, of Stoneham, is the brother of Olympic figure skater and Lynnfield resident Nancy Kerrigan who is expected to be called as a witness by the prosecution. Their father Daniel Kerrigan 70-year-old died in his Stoneham home during a struggle with Mark.
2. Rain, rain, go away! The wet weather from Sunday appears as though it may be sticking around for several days, according to the National Weather Service's seven-day forecast for Stoneham. Drizzle is expected before 11 a.m. Monday, followed by scattered showers thereafter, with rainfall totals to be in the quarter-to-half an inch range. An easterly wind of 10-13 miles per hour is predicted during the day and 7-10 miles per hour at night.
3. Scared of public speaking? If your job requires leading public speaking engagements but you're frightened by the thought, you might want to attend The Eastern Middlesex Toastmasters Club session at 7 p.m. at Stoneham Public Library. The group allows guests to practice public speaking skills in a relaxed setting.
4. Bloggers wanted: We're looking for some unpaid bloggers who either live or work in Stoneham to contribute blogs to our recently launched "Local Voices" section. We'd love to have folks passionate about writing on various localized topics such as cooking, fashion, fitness, high school sports and the outdoors. If interested, email Stoneham Patch Editor Mark Ouellette at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide previous blog experience or writing samples and a resume (optional).
5. Preview: Check out the latest Stoneham Fire Department fire log on Tuesday at 10 a.m.
For more information, visit our events calendar.