Five Things: Relay for Life of Stoneham Kick Off Tonight
Five things about Stoneham you need to know to start off your day.
Five things to know today, Tuesday, March 5, 2013:
1. Flurries or showers? A slight chance of snow showers before 10 a.m., then a slight chance of rain showers, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent. Tonight, a chance of rain showers before midnight, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. Kick Off for Relay For Life of Stoneham tonight at 7 p.m. Has cancer touched your life? Have you lost a loved one to this disease? Do you want to make a difference in your community? Then join Stoneham for a fun way to fight cancer. Join in and celebrate the kickoff of another year of Relay For Life in Stoneham. Learn more about this amazing event and how you can make a difference in the fight against cancer.
3. Board of Selectmen meets at 7 p.m. Among the items on tonight's agenda are accepting and numbering the articles for Town Meeting and signing the warrant.
4. Stoneham Housing Authority meets at 5 p.m. Among the items on tonight's agenda are voting to award contracts for kitchen and bath, pipe insulation and hot water tank replacement.
5. Free tax prep for eligible seniors. The Stoneham Senior Center is partnering with AARP's tax preparation service to offer free tax assistance to eligible Stoneham senior citizens. Help is available for simple tax forms from certified tax preparers. To qualify for the assistance, you must have an income of less than $40,000 filing singly or $60,000 filing jointly as a married couple. Appointments are available each Tuesday from 9 a.m. to noon through April 9. You must call for an appointment: (781) 438-1157. When you go for your appointment, bring your 2012 return as well as recent water and municipal tax bills.