There is no better way to support your local economy than to buy at locally-owned shops. Luckily for you, there is no better place to find your consignment needs than in the Stoneham area where there are plenty of boutiques to choose from.
Here are some of the boutiques you helped us pick this week:
- Gianna's Bridal & Boutique is a wedding gown and formal wear emporium located in a large, white house-like building with very visible red awnings in Stoneham. The front room and foyer here are full of formal dresses, some very flash shoes and a few specialized accessories. The back room is awash in gleaming white as dozens of wedding gowns hang at the ready, covering every wall. Even with this spectacular selection, Gianna still offers alterations and customizations to ensure a fabulous fit on such a special day.
- Rada Boutique & Upscale Consignment is a trendy and unique store in Wakefield that mixes both new and consigned fashions, creates one-of-kind signature "Rada Girl" looks. Along with upscale women’s consignment fashions for today’s savvy shoppers, you will find an assortment of brand new jewelry, S.T.A.M.P.S. fashion watches, scarves and pocketbooks like the new fashion craze Chocolate New York and Big Buddha handbags, Italian Sweaters, Last Tango tops, and many European and U.S. made boutique brands up to size 18. At Rada Boutique, stylists on staff will help you get dressed the best way possible, one outfit at a time.
- Blush Boutique in Melrose is an example of what's driving people to shop locally in these days of generic box stores, malls and high-pressure sales assistants. Owner Suzanne Iudice said that was one of her main goals in opening the quaint resale shop tucked away behind Miter Biter. “My vision was to bring quality clothes at affordable prices in a way that also offered a unique shopping experience to women of all ages," Iudice said.
- Hourglass Gift Gallery in Melrose features the work of more than 50 artists and craftspeople, including jewelry made by owner Lorrie DiCesare. The store features blown glass, artwork and jewelry, with organic clothing and L'Occitaine and Pre Provence products in the mix. "Meet the jeweler" events are frequently held at the store. Reader Elaine Foley said it best: "I'd have to say I adore Hourglass Gifts in Melrose. Such a variety of cool items and the staff is always so pleasant. It's my favorite boutique in the area!"
- Aine's Boutique in Reading offers women's clothing, jewelry, cosmetics and accessories from brands like Three Dots, Worn by Christopher Blue, Papillon, Nolita, theBalm and Cosmoholic.
Stay tuned for next week's Patch Picks. If you have more suggestions, please provide your suggestions for next week either in the comments section below or via our Q&A section.