Welcome to the Grab & Go Kids Planner!
Every Wednesday, we'll research and post family-oriented and kid-friendly events for the days leading up to and including the weekend, because you've got enough on your plate. Check us out each week for a selection of the best things to do and places to go, both around town and a hop, skip, and a jump away.
Think there's something we've missed? Let us know about it! Add your suggestions to the comment box below. We'd love to have your feedback to create the best weekly planner for our moms, dads and guardians.
FAMILY BEST BETS OF THE WEEK
- Storytimes For 3 1/2 Year Olds And Older
- Where/When: Stoneham Public Library, 431 Main St., Stoneham on March 24 from 10:30-11:15 a.m. in the Children's Room.
- Why go: Children can make crafts and listen to stories during the program.
- Pricing: Free.
- Playful Paws Playgroup
- Where/When: Stone Zoo, 149 Pond St., Stoneham on March 25 from 10:15-11 a.m.
- Why go: Children ages 18 months to 3 years old, accompanied by an adult, can learn about animals through observing and touching. Other activities that may be part of the program are storytimes, simple crafts and animal encounters.
- Pricing: $8 for members, $10 non-members. Space is limited. Reserve your spot in the program by calling 617-989-3742.
- Animation Workshop
- Where/When: Stoneham Public Library, 431 Main St., Stoneham on March 26 from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Why go: Students in grades 3-6 will have the opportunity to learn the principles of stop-motion animation, story-telling, and camera work while they work in pairs to make a movie. Props and equipment will be provided. Movie files will be available for download so students can share their project with others.
- Pricing: A maximum of 20 free tickets will be distributed in the Junior Library. Space is limited. For more information, call 781-438-1325.
- Boston Bruins Alumni Game to Benefit Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham
- Where/When: Stoneham Arena, 101 Montvale Ave., Stoneham on March 27 at 4 p.m.
- Why go: The game pits former Bruins players against the "Ninety-Nine Legends" of the Ninety-Nine Restaurants. All proceeds will go toward the purchase of a new Boys & Girls Club van.
- Pricing: Tickets ($10 for adults, $5 for kids) can be purchased at the Boys & Girls Club, 15 Dale Court, Stoneham, or the Ninety-Nine Restaurant, 10 Main St., Stoneham.
- Storytimes For Four And Five Year Olds
- Where/When: Reading Public Library, 64 Middlesex Ave., Reading on March 24 from 1:30-2:15 p.m.
- Why go: The program includes stories, songs and a visit with Cocoa Moose.
- Pricing: Free.