5 Things You Need To Know Today, Tuesday, Jan. 15
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person in your office.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make Tuesday a lot better than Monday and to help make you the smartest person in the cafeteria.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers between 1pm and 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I have no problem with fingerprinting possible teachers as opposed to Cori, but if we are doing it for the children it should be done across the board for all professions that have contact with children. People also seem to be thinking "nationwide" as if that solves the problem. In my school career I can think of three teachers off the top of my head who were from other countries, are we going to start checking there too? Also, the majority of child molestation issues have been perpetrated by family members, friends of the family, and clergy. Unless there is some undiscovered bubble ready to pop your kids are statistically safer at school than they are with your relatives or neighbors." Reader Alex Finnegan, commenting on the story, "Should Teachers, Child Care Workers Submit Fingerprints for Background Checks?"
3. It's Happening Today: Cheer Your Heart Out Cheer Team Sign Ups are going on today from 10 a.m. to noon. The mission of Cheer Your Heart Out is to share our passion and knowledge of the sport of cheerleading while maximizing our participants’ athletic potential and enhancing our athletes’ confidence, character, social interaction, self discipline, and leadership skills.
4. It's Also Happening Today: Looking for something super-fun to do with your young children? Then stop by the Stoneham Library today at 10:30 a.m. for StoryTime for little ones. StoryTime is for children ages 0-plus mixed ages, and it is perfect for families. Songs, stories and simple crafts for children to enjoy with an adult in the activity room. Please be on time. For more information, contact the Stoneham Junior Room at 781-438-132.
5. By The Numbers: $4,970. That's the average property tax bill for a homeowner in Stoneham for 2013. To see how that compares to other area towns, click here.
And Another Thing: What have your friends and neighbors been up to? Check out their photos and vid clips on Pics and Clips! And remember, it's easy to upload your own photos and video clips and share them with other Stoneham Patch readers. Click here to get started.