[Editor's note: The information below was issued in a press statement by Tom Boussy.]
It is with great pride and a commitment to public service that I announce my candidacy for the office of Selectman in the Town of Stoneham.
My name is Tom Boussy and I have been a resident of Stoneham for the past 21 years. I have been married to my wife Julie, a registered nurse, for 20 years and we have two beautiful children; Sarah and Hannah. My wife and I have been very involved in our community from sponsoring and coaching youth sports teams, to supporting Girl Scouts and our school system at fundraisers and activities.
For the past 12 years, I have owned and operated my own business, THB Company, Inc., which has provided HVAC Testing & Balancing, and Energy Conservation services to large universities, healthcare institutions and many other types of industries.
I am running for Selectman because I believe we need new leadership in our town’s government and that we can do better in Stoneham. We need to change the business as usual approach at Town Hall and make Stoneham more financially responsible. We need to enhance our educational system and bring businesses back to Stoneham.
I strongly believe that Stoneham has to take the following steps so that we can move in a positive direction:
- We need to take a more modern approach toward attracting responsible businesses that reflect Stoneham’s character and help to revitalize our downtown.
- We need to complete a comprehensive review of traffic patterns in Stoneham so we can develop a plan to address concerns town wide.
- We need to be more financially responsible in Stoneham and provide vital local services that are competitive with our surrounding communities.
- Moving forward, we need to develop a stronger, long-term plan so that we can sustain and/or upgrade our town’s infrastructure including our roads, schools, public safety facilities, public works facilities, and town-owned buildings.
- We need to find more ways in which we can help those on fixed incomes in our community, particularly our senior citizens, so they will not bear the brunt of tax increases. Our seniors are very important to our community and we need to respect and honor them.
- We need to get the people of Stoneham more involved in our community and we must encourage their active participation in our local government.
I am looking forward to getting out in the neighborhoods and meeting the residents of Stoneham. I look forward to listening to your concerns and I am confident that we can work together toward making Stoneham a better place to live.
With your support, we can make Stoneham a community that works better for hard working families today and for generations to come. I respectfully ask for your vote at the polls on April 3rd.
For more information, or if you would like to get involved in our campaign, please email me at email@example.com or visit our website, www.votefortom.us. Also, if you would like to have a conversation, feel free to contact me directly at 781-835-5205.